While we believe investing our clients’ money intelligently and prudently is our first responsibility, there are numerous other ways in which we seek to provide value to them that go beyond their portfolios.
The following are a few of the many examples of how we’ve helped various clients address financial issues, plan for the future, and improve their overall quality of life.
- Assisted numerous clients with the development of funding strategies to pay for their children’s college expenses.
- Helped a client’s daughter establish a Roth IRA to receive gift contributions from her parents.
- Advised a client whether to take a lifetime pension or roll the lump sum into a rollover IRA.
- Supported a client in developing a charitable gift strategy including the funding of a major memorial gift to her husband’s alma mater and the selection and establishment of a donor-advised fund at a local community foundation.
- Provided advice regarding family gifts where one of the children was going through a divorce.
- Helped a recently widowed client navigate the estate settlement, including the retention of foreign legal counsel to assist with assets located outside of the United States.
- Assisted a client in securing a margin loan through our portfolio custodian to bridge a home purchase. This alternative provided an easy, low-cost solution for the client.
- Consulted with two daughters on when and how to take control of their ailing father’s finances, care and living situation.