Status: Full Time
Birch Hill Investment Advisors is a registered investment advisory firm located in downtown Boston, MA with $1.9 billion of assets under management. Birch Hill’s mission is to provide superior personalized wealth management services to private clients, trusts, foundations, endowments and institutions. The ideal candidate will join Birch Hill as an Investment Operations Manager, but will be exposed to many different areas of the firm. Candidates must work well in a fast paced, small team environment, be hands-on, and carry a flexible attitude. The position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and will join two current Operations Associates.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Operations Manager can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Manage and Oversee operational functions including:
- Hands-on Manager overseeing two operation team members.
- Oversee Equity, Mutual Fund and Fixed Income Trade Execution and Settlement.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of composites.
- Manage software platforms to ensure proper usage, maintain accurate data and drive workflow efficiency. Software includes Advent APX, MOXY, Salentica (Microsoft Dynamics) CRM and more.
- Work closely with SS&C’s Advent Teams for system maintenance, fixes, and upgrades.
- Create a cross-training plan and ensure we have coverage of all operating functions.
- Oversee our CRM Platform, initiate enhancements and operational efficiencies within the platform and work closely with all staff to ensure proper capture of key data within our CRM system.
- Participate and oversee various projects for the firm such as:
- Act as project analyst/manager on various initiatives addressing, workflow, data management, system implementations, efficiency enhancements, and more.
- Execute project plans and document key milestones.
- Participate in executing our technology roadmap and technology goals.
- Work closely with the Chief Administrator Officer on other duties that might include other functional areas of the firm. This may include areas of technology, compliance, administration, human resources and facilities as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
The Investment Operations Associate position requires the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ Years of Investment Operations Experience.
- Exposure and knowledge of the trading function.
- Data driven and oriented.
- An expert in all Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Ability to leverage technology and decipher what is important.
- Experience working with a CRM system a plus.
- Highly motivated, dedicated to upholding high quality standards, and possess a strong sense of ethics and values.
- A successful applicant is able to take initiative and show leadership while multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities that are time sensitive or important.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems required.
- Must be able to manage project implementations from start to finish.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
Birch Hill Investment Advisors LLC provides a generous, above average compensation package that includes 401(k) with match, profit sharing plan, group long-term disability, health and dental insurance benefits, life insurance, paid time off and performance-based bonus program.
Local candidates only.
Birch Hill Investment Advisors LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer